Wifi Printer 200 MS delay and dropping labels only on aerohive AP's

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Hi,
We have 2 printers both in differnt sites but wifi profile is the same but in different subnet.
Both printers have a 200ms delay no mather what i do its a wpa2 sec.
I can ping to other devices in the same subnet with almost no delay.
The only thing that is in the subnet now are these printers (zebra zt420) and scanners (motorola mc9190) also on wifi in same subnet and same ssid.

Symptoms

200ms delay
Printer losing batch count like if we print 100 labels it only prints 20 ..

An other strange behavior is befor 8 in the morning when only on scanner is used there are no problems.
When afther eight all 10 scanners are used the printer begins with skipping labels from the batch it just stops at 20 or 24 ..

We asked the vendor but they cant find a reason cause it works on their wifi and other wifi solutions.

What can we do we really want to solve this if we cant we have to change vendors for wifi.

Kind regards,

David
Photo of David

David

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
David, we are using various Zebra printers with little or no issue, so I think you can be assured replacing your APs will not be a panacea. I've heard similar comments from other vendors. Is the delay on the LAN or over WAN? Are you seeing increased round trip times during print jobs? If the printer is busy processing data, that could explain ping latency.
Which APs and Hive OS are you running? Are you sure you have enough coverage and not too much? How does the signal strength look from both the printer and the AP? Do these print server radios use 2.4 or 5 GHz? Have you run a client monitor to watch for L2 issues? Have you removed lower rates on the 2.4 GHz radios? Have you tried testing by reducing the printer to 802.11b only?