why do i get this "Currently, there is no radsec proxy in this DA domain. (candidate number is 1)"

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
new install of ~28 AP390's in a warehouse location, all AP's seem to be working ok, but i keep getting the following warning "Currently, there is no radsec proxy in this DA domain. (candidate number is 1)"

what does it mean ?
Photo of Scott Golden

Scott Golden

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Paul Rouse

Paul Rouse

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am getting this on a new install of AP230's. Did you ever receive an answer?
Photo of itzhas

itzhas

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have this issue at the moment and would like to know if there is a manual way of electing an ap?.
Photo of Jacob Aguinaga

Jacob Aguinaga

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am receiving the same notice on AP 230's. It is sporadic. Did anyone get a reply to this thread?
Photo of Wade Storie

Wade Storie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am seeing the same Major alarm on a few of our APs. What's the answer for this?
Photo of Luke Harris

Luke Harris

• 265 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes
Have you ensured that all your APs have an accurate clock?

From the CLI, run: show clock or show ntp
Photo of Wade Storie

Wade Storie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the response Luke. I have checked the clock on the APs that have thrown the alarm in the past and they were showing the correct time. I'll report back the results after a reset if I find one that has the wrong time setting.  
Photo of Rohit

Rohit

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Having the same issues, TAC that I spoke to advised to upgrade my AP firmware from 6.5r6 to 6.8r1, Upgraded my firmware but the issue is still there
Photo of Christian Bösch

Christian Bösch

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
same issue here!
Photo of Alex Noyes

Alex Noyes

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Did anyone have a solution for this?
Photo of Marcel Rodewald

Marcel Rodewald

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
mark your ap's that deploy a guest portal (cwp) and download the root certificate through monitoring, it should show an icon right behind the green icon of the AP when a radsec proxy has been determined.