We've launched our new 802.11ac Access points!

• Announcement
  • Updated 5 years ago
You've all been waiting for this, and now it's here - Aerohive has announced our new 802.11ac access points!

We've talked about 802.11ac extensively here on our community, and on our blog. Now it's time to learn the details about our new APs.

This blog, Our 802.11ac products are here, our conversation continues, does a good job of rounding up a lot of those conversations, such as the one-day online event featuring 802.11ac expert and author Matthew Gast. For twelve straight hours, Matthew answered your questions on 802.11ac and he gave away signed copies of his new book, 802.11ac: A Survival Guide.

Enjoy learning about our new APs, and please feel free to catch up on the 802.11ac discussion we started, and continue that discussion right here on HiveNation.
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
That's great news! :)

Hopefully we'll see an outdoor 802.11ac AP soon too!
Photo of Jade Rampulla

Jade Rampulla

• 36 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Awesome news! I Love to see Aerohive staying competitive with other vendors starting to offer AC...and staying ahead of several other vendors who aren't offering it yet!

I read in another blog that the new AC AP's require 802.3at power when using the 80MHz channels, but they can be used with 802.3af if only using 20MHz or 40MHz channels.

Curious if the link aggregation will allow 2 x 1Gbps links. I think the AP330's only allow 2 x 100mbps for link aggregation.
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Do the AP330's only allow 2 x 100mbps for link aggregation?
Photo of alejandro cadarso

alejandro cadarso

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

Can you inform if the APs 3rd radio operating on a completely different 5 GHz channel than the 11n 5 GHz radio ?
or
the 11ac Radio works in tandem and time-slice for airtime with the 11n?

BRegards
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
This is a great conversation that deserves its own discussion separate from the launch announcement, so I created a new topic to continue. Please reference the new topic here: Re: 802.11ac AP announcement: Is the 3rd radio operating on a completely differen...
Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
I am closing this launch thread in order to allow everyone to start separate discussions with more detail that is specific to your questions.