we got a new AP141 Access Point. What will be the IP address assigned to it by default?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Do I need to have Hivemanager to check or set the IP address to this AP? Or Can I do it without hivemanager also?
Photo of Kaushik Naarumanchi

Kaushik Naarumanchi

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
By default the AP141 will make a DHCP request to get its IP address.

If you want to manually set the AP141's IP address via the CLI use the following commands:

no interface mgt0 dhcp client

int mgt0 ip <ip address> <subnet mask>

ip route default gateway <ip address>

int mgt0 vlan <VLAN ID the access point will reside in>

int mgt0 native-vlan <VLAN ID of the switch port's native VLAN>

(Edited)

Kaushik Naarumanchi

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
"If you want to manually set the AP141's IP address via the CLI use the following commands:"

For me to do this, do I need to install any Aerohive software, so that any terminal emulator software in my system will identify this device.
Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
You can connect a serial cable to the console port on the AP141 and use an application, such as Putty, to communicate with the AP141.

Otherwise, let the AP141 get an IP address via DHCP and then use an application, such as Putty, to make a SSH connection to the AP141.

Kaushik Naarumanchi

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The console port on the AP141 can be connected using Ethernet cable. So when I plug the other end of this Ethernet cable to my PC, it will not detect it as Serial Connection right?

So how do I do that?
Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
The console port is not an Ethernet port.  You need a Cisco rolled serial cable (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/7000-series-routers/12223-14.html)  or equivalent to connect to it.

(Edited)

Kaushik Naarumanchi

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Alright...I got it...Thanks much for your support :-)
Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
Not a problem at all. Enjoy your new AP141.
Photo of Spikey Bahler

Spikey Bahler

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have a wee bit of a problem with the  ap141 the business that was managing our site is now not contactable so i would like to flash the unit but however the reset has been locked can someone point me to the right arrea so i can get the stuff needed for firmware reset this via console