Walled Garden on BR200

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Hi All, I have an annoying problem with a walled garden and a BR200.I want to configure an external CWP (with radius auth), and everything is working fine with an AP130, however the same configuration not work with the BR200. I'm using a list of domain names that are allowed in the walled garden with the ALG DNS option.
I suspect that the BR200 not working with a domain name with multiple resolution ip (like facebook) and the only option is to allow the list of ip (unuseful).

Anyone can explain me the different behavior ?
Thanks! 
Photo of Paolo Moserle

Paolo Moserle

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
You pretty much nailed it.  We added the ability to resolve hostnames for the walled garden on APs a couple versions ago.  Unfortunately, that capability was not extended to BRs at that time.
Photo of Paolo Moserle

Paolo Moserle

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Andrew, I hope that this capability will be released for BRs quickly, it is very helpful (sorry it is essential) for a CWP ! 
Thanks again.
Photo of Paolo Moserle

Paolo Moserle

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Andrew another question, Can a SRW2024 help me, or there is the same problem of a BR200 ?
Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
The feature in question is not available on any devices operating in BR mode, whether the hardware is BR, switch or AP.
Photo of Paolo Moserle

Paolo Moserle

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, thanks again