user/pass ap 230 aerohive version 6.6r1a

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
When set-default ap 230 version 6.6r1a, i can't login user/pass default admin/aerohive?
Photo of thanh lâm lưu

thanh lâm lưu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
You probably have a different password set in HiveManager and a configuration is being uploaded to your APs automatically via auto provisioning or manually.

Check what you have configured here:

This is from a testing environment before anybody comments on the awesome password! :)
(Edited)
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hmm. That does look like it is resetting to factory defaults. It should accept admin/aerohive.

Let me test with an AP230 that I have sat on my desk with HiveOS 6.6r1a to check that the behaviour has not changed and I will get back to you. I'll do that right now. Give me ~15 minutes.
(Edited)
Photo of thanh lâm lưu

thanh lâm lưu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks Lowe!
i can't login admin/aerohive to ap 230 for me, i testing 3 ap, but 1 ap fail login.hic
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
I've just tested and confirmed no change in behaviour with HiveOS 6.6r1a on an AP230 here.

Can I suggest that you next follow the instructions here using the AP230 image, not AP121, which should ensure that the device is fully reset:

https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/can-not-save-config-on-ap121?topic-reply-list%5Bsetti...
Photo of thanh lâm lưu

thanh lâm lưu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank's Lowe!
I upload image with bootloader tomorrow.
Photo of thanh lâm lưu

thanh lâm lưu

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank's Lowe!
I upload image new version on ap 230 ok, i can login user/pass default for ap.