Update config problem on BR200 after updating to 6.4r1

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
After updating HM, CVG and BR200 to 6.4r1 I get the following error message from BR200s if I try to update its configuration:
Upload configuration: Execute method failed, with class "UserProfileImpl", method "getIpPolicyRedirectUrl"
I tried it also after downgrading the BR200 to 6.2r1 but no success.
Does anyone have this issue, too? Or even have a solution?

Thanks and regards,
Uli
Photo of Uli Saur

Uli Saur

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
What happens if you perform a complete configuration upload to the BR200 running HiveOS 6.4r1 from HiveManager 6.4r1 rather than a delta/differential?
(Edited)
Photo of Uli Saur

Uli Saur

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Same result and error message...
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
So, it looks like an issue in HiveManager itself not with HiveOS as that smells like a Java error message.

getIpPolicyRedirectUrl likely refers to this new feature in 6.4r1:

I would review what you have configured there to see if you can cajole things in to working. For example, it may be you just need to open your firewall policies, make a subtle change and save them again.

You should open a support case with your point of support if it still doesn't work.
Photo of Uli Saur

Uli Saur

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Nick, thanks, this is what I discovered last night, too. I tested around with activating and deactivating again the settings in the IP Firewall Policy to save a new version of it. But unfortunately the error message appeared again.
I will open a case...
Photo of Terry Wolf

Terry Wolf

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I"m also seeing a similar error with my BR200 devices and I'm not able to upload configuration.  Did you get any answers from support?
Photo of Uli Saur

Uli Saur

• 26 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Not yet, didn't had the time to file a case. I'll keep you informed asap.
Photo of Terry Wolf

Terry Wolf

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I worked with support yesterday and they were able to resolve the problem.  It seems that I had an object referenced in my config that didn't actually exist.  I guess HM 6.4r1 was more sensitive to this "orphaned" object.  My case number is 00100510 in case you'd like to reference it when you call.
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Thanks for posting that you were able to get this resolved.