SR2208P (trial) not connecting to Hivemanager NG

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
Hi guys,

I'm unable to connect my recent received switch to HiveManager, it's acting really strange... I've managed to have it online for around 20 sec once and then it fell out again. I read another post with a similar issue and it was resolved by upgrading software in the SW to ver. 1.0.2.0 however mine seems quite a few versions newer than that.

I have a AP130 connected in port 1 in the switch and Internet comes in through port 9 - and the AP works fine, I can deploy to it, update it and even surf the Internet while connected to one of the SSID configured on the AP.

Does anyone have a suggestion to what "decease" my SW might be suffering from and a good idea on how to cure it? :)

Here's what I got from telnet to the SW:

(AH-Switch) #show hivemanager status
HiveAgent Version.............................. 1.0.6.0
HiveAgent Status............................... CONNECTING TO HIVEMANAGER
HiveAgent AssociationUrl....................... https://cloud-ie.aerohive.com/hac-webapp/rest/v1/association
HiveAgent AssociationMethod.................... REDIRECTOR
HiveAgent PollUrl.............................. -
HiveAgent RedirectorFQDN....................... cloud-rd.aerohive.com
HiveAgent HiveManagerResponse.................. CURL code [0], HTTP code [405], Curl string = [No error]

Thanks in advance
Ronni
Photo of Ronni Andersen

Ronni Andersen

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Ronni Andersen

Ronni Andersen

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ahh.. I misread the HiveAgent version for the actual SW software version... I do as well have the old version and I will try an update to the software first thing - to see if that works.

(AH-Switch) #show platform vpd
Operational Code Image File Name............... FastPath-SMB-esw-bcm5615x-iproc_wolf-BL36UCR-CLS-AQHSr1v0m1b11
Software Version............................... 1.0.1.11
Timestamp...................................... Mon Mar 21 16:17:55 CST 2016
Photo of Ronni Andersen

Ronni Andersen

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Issue was solved by updating SW firmware via Telnet to version 1.0.1.20
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
What were the CLI commands to perform the upgrade via cli?