Spanning-tree priority on Aerohive SR2024

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Is there a way to set the spanning-tree priority of the switch? Or is it a default 32768 and then the root is chosen by IP address?

I only see one place to choose either STP or RSTP... but no where to define the priority

I have read in the aerohive manual:
"To change the default behavior of STP, expand the STP Setting section in Optional Settings, configure the following, and then click Save"

But I can't seem to find any optional settings. Any help would be appreciated!
Photo of Vincent Low

Vincent Low

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Brian Ambler

Brian Ambler

• 245 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
HI Vincent,

Spanning tree is only enabled or disabled at the Network Policy level. This is why you will only see the option to enable/disable and choose between STP and RSTP under Additional Settings on the Network Policy.

Changing the spanning tree priority of a switch is a per-device setting, so you must go to the individual switch which you wish to make the root bridge.

From here, under "Optional Settings > STP Settings" tick the checkbox for "Override the STP Settings in the network policy", then "Enable STP" and expand "Device Settings". To set the priority of the switch which you wish to make the root bridge, click the dropdown box for "Priority for root calculation" and adjust it accordingly.

Hope this helps