Update User Database: The upload operation was aborted because a previous process failed
Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas apart from rebooting them and upgrading the HiveOS?
I've encountered this issue sporadically. Sometimes just doing a retry will work. Sometimes a reboot will work. Sometimes waiting several hours will work. But I have found that if I downgrade to 6.4r1g (chose this version because I remember it being the most stable version of the 6.4 line) and then push a full config, it works every time.
So now I just do a retry first, and if that fails I downgrade.
Also, I noticed this prior to 6.8r5. But I didn't discover the downgrade trick until recently.
I hope this helps you.
Downgraded the HiveOS again and everything is stable, Support was trying to tell us it was a CAPWAP issue but we didnt have it before the upgrade or after the downgrade and there were no network changes in the interim. Not the behavour desired from a "golden" release.
I don't know what the best version of HiveOS for an AP121 is at the moment but this is the only model that has a problem for us!
I don't think so that 121's should work on 6.5r5 version of HiveOS. I had the same issue with some 121's and 120's AP and got below update from Aerohive support:
"Do NOT update any APs or devices to 6.5r5, as it is known to have issues including high CPU usage which can overload the APs (especially dangerous for 100-series devices), as well as potentially causing SSH issues for the units. It is generally recommended to keep the large majority of 100-series devices on that last version before the 6.5 build, as they are lower spec'd and may experience CPU overload due to the amount of processes and memory, though this generally occurs if you do not first reboot the units before upgrading the firmware. All other units (AP230, AP350, etc." are cleared to upgrade to 6.5r4, as that is currently the most stable golden release firmware active at the moment."
I saw and fight with high cpu usage on 6.5r4 and 6.5r5 on 121's. With those firmware version couldn't push full config to AP's and AP's loose capwap connection randomly to HM for couple of minutes and then get back. Not all AP's been affected and different number of AP's played up together every day ....
After downgrade to 6.4r1g.2138 never heard about any issues from customer.