since br100 upgrade to 6.5r3 macbook air only connects at 5Mb

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
since br100 upgrade to 6.5r3 macbook air only connects at 5Mb, when i was running 6.2r1b i was able to connect at 65Mb. i have tried on 2 different macbooks with same result. when i connect my ipad, LG Gpad, or Lenovo yogo (windows 10) they connect at 65Mb.
Photo of Scott Golden

Scott Golden

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ruwan Indika

Ruwan Indika

• 66 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Scott,

Interesting, l will test this now,
Photo of Ruwan Indika

Ruwan Indika

• 66 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Scott,

I can see the issue you have described, I am not sure whether it is specific to the Broadcom 4321 wifi card in macbook or some issue in the 6.5r3. I will pass this info to relevant dept for further investigation. In my testing, disabling wmm in the SSID let the client connect at 54Mbps. Only try this in BR100s because once you disable wmm the client can only connected at 802.11g rates,

(Edited)
Photo of Scott Golden

Scott Golden

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i am running 10.11.2 El Capitan on my macbook air. i dont want to disable wmm because most people use windows laptops, i am the only one with a macbook air. i can deal with it for the time being. btw my mac works fine on the last version of br100 code 6.2 taht is it connects at 65Mb
Photo of Ruwan Indika

Ruwan Indika

• 66 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Hi Scott, 

This issue is identified and will be fixed in the next 6.5r3X firmware release. You can try the command "no ssid <your SSID> _ldpc" from BR100 ssh command line to make MacBooks connect at higher data rates.
Photo of Scott Golden

Scott Golden

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you