Signals from 320n running Radius is freezing traffic with connected devices.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a site that is running 36 120s and 8 320n APs. All of the 320s are running as Radius servers that authenticate to our AD environment. Every device that is connected to the 320s will lose it's network connection. They can't ping anything on the network, get to the internet etc. If you reboot the AP the connections come back and everything is fine. All things that connect to the 120s run fine until the signal moves to the 320. It doesn't happen right away but happens at least 5 times a day. I was wondering if anyone has seen this or has any ideas  on how to remedy this. If anything is needed from my end just let me know. Appreciate any help.
Photo of Jeremy Houghton

Jeremy Houghton

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
You haven't mentioned what version of HiveOS is running on the APs. Is this with 6.1r3b on all? If not, you should update and retest.

Due to the nature of what you have written, It sounds as if this issue would be best handled though official channels via a support case. Have you opened one with your point of support?
(Edited)
Photo of Jeremy Houghton

Jeremy Houghton

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nick,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. I've updated to the latest which is showing as 6.1r5. The update though is causing the hive manager to not see the APs now so I'm in the process of restoring to my backup of the config. Once I get that completed I'll update you on the status.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
The latest HiveOS available for your models of APs is 6.1r3b. (Only the newly released HiveAP 230 runs HiveOS 6.1r5 at the moment.) HiveManager 6.1r5 will, of course, happily manage them with that version. Once you get the APs showing in HiveManager again, you need to ensure they get updated too.
(Edited)