Setting a new 802.11ac price/performance standard with our new AP230

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
Today we announced a new 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi access point, the AP230, which offers breakthrough price / performance for 802.11ac and existing 802.11n networks with enterprise features in an economical package. 

Here are a few key links with information on our new gigabit Wi-Fi AP: 

Press Release
Overview
Data Sheet
Compare Access Points
Price Calculator

Photo of Amanda

Amanda

• 396 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew MacTaggart

Andrew MacTaggart, Champ

• 483 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
Looks super!

can't wait to get one

A
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
It does look awesome and I would love to test and have a play with one. I am now having a somewhat hard time understanding why somebody would now choose to buy a HiveAP 370 though...

(I have heard that the HiveAP 370 is Atheros based and the newer HiveAP 230 is Broadcom based.)
(Edited)
Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

• 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Why would anyone purchase the 300 series at all?  If the 230 is 3x3:3, one could easily set the radio profile to a/n as opposed to a/n/ac and it should function just as the 300 Series would, no?

I'm curious as to why a new 802.11ac AP now as well...
Photo of Steven Bateman

Steven Bateman

• 65 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
For the AP370/390 I've seen the differences enumerated as (paraphrased from the release webinar):

-Better radios than 330/350, more range (unclear what exactly this means)
-Dual PoE GigE on the 370/390, Dual GigE with one PoE port on the 230
-External antennas and extended temps on the 370/390.

For me, I'd want a 370/390 only either for external antenna support or the dual PoE ports. 

I'm not sure either why I'd want a 330/350 at this point, but it's unclear whether there have been features dropped in order to keep it 802.3af compliant (spectrum analysis comes to mind as something that could fairly easily be dropped without a lot of complaints).
Photo of Anjanesh Babu

Anjanesh Babu

• 68 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Nice product timing  on the market and congrats for getting this out.Will this work as a Layer 2 VPN device (client and /or server ) ?