Set AP122 to Bridge Mode on cloud.aerohive.com

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
We have 7 Aerohive AP122's on site with 3 in a mesh only connectivity.  Unfortunately, we are seeing 6-10 MESN outages multiple times a day that last for a few minutes to hours.  There is no AP's nearby and seeing a -62db when connect to nearby neighbor.  From what I can gather, there are several recommendations that the AP's ethernet port needs to be set to bridge access.  From cloud.aerohive.com, I am not seeing that as an option at all.  Since we are using POE adapters to power the AP, I am not sure what else I an do.

Appreciate any help on troubleshooting this.
Photo of Ben Swaby

Ben Swaby

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Ben Swaby

Ben Swaby

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Worked on this awhile on Friday and still struggling with this.  Even had 2 AP's in the same room.  One was connected to the network and the other was setup in a MESH.  Sat there and saw ups and downs consistently on the MESH.  I don't get it.  Is there an issue with AP122's on a MESH?  Is the lack of setting for Bridge on the NIC an issue.  I even disabled the NIC and it's still having the same issue.  

We have had these for less than 60 days and really not happy with the stability (or lack thereof) that I am seeing.
Photo of Ben Swaby

Ben Swaby

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Any thoughts on this?  Still see MESH as broken in the environment, no matter if the AP is in the same room or two rooms away.  Just constantly goes up and down throughout the day.  At this point, this is not a good solution and the MESH point technology is a failed technology.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Ben,

Similar to Bill's answer in your other thread, there are many things at play here. To properly understand what is happening in your environment, it will take data collection and analysis to understand it. This community is not really suited for that. Please consider opening a support case to progress this.

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of Ben Swaby

Ben Swaby

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks for the reply, however my understanding from our aerohive rep is that this is the only place we can get support as we are on the cloud version of the product and not select. So, unless there is compimentary support, I’m not sure what your asking me to do is supported.
(Edited)
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Ben,

Assuming you are using Aerohive Connect, have you seen the following:
https://www3.aerohive.com/support/connect-support/

That said, to keep exceptions realistic, abstractly and in general (so I'm not referring to your issue directly), where the nature of the support required to understand an issue requires escalation, expertise, more extensive data collection and analysis, or is technically complex in nature, Connect is not designed or suited for that.

Thanks,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Ben Swaby

Ben Swaby

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
No.  That's the first I have seen anything on this.  Just submitted a ticket and keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks
Photo of Ben Swaby

Ben Swaby

• 41 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I haven't been back to the client site, but supposedly when you turn mesh on, you must also specifically set the wifi on access points to be the same.  Off hand I would think it would allow you to configure it without doing that, but hopefully that will resolve the issue.