Scheduling SSID Change?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
We are a public school running AP550's on HMOL.  I have a situation where it would be fantastic if I could change the Network Policy on an AP based on a fixed schedule. 

Our gymnasium has a pair of AP550's, one is set with the normal Network Policy for the school, while the other is set to a Network Policy giving exclusive access to the athletic program for games, etc.  It would be wonderful if I could have that one AP run the standard Network Policy during school hours (thereby giving me more capacity) and switching to the athletic NP off hours.

Just a thought....
Photo of boogins

boogins

• 26 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Boogins,

I am unclear what benefit changing the Network Policy would bring.

I am curious why you can't define more than one SSID in a single Network Policy and configure an availability schedule on these?

Or do something with 802.1X or PPSKs with the same SSID to achieve something similar?

Cheers,

Nick
Photo of boogins

boogins

• 26 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
That is exactly what I need.  I did not know that capability existed.  THANKS!
Photo of Rick Barragan

Rick Barragan

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
On board with Nick, we do this all the time, you can restrict by hours days of the week, just create a PPSK. Your other traffic remains the same and even if the password gets compromised they will only be able to access wireless service during the specified time frame in the PPSK.