Proper settings for trunk port on dell 6248

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have been fighting with this dell 6248 and the AP 230 for awhile now. I can't get the AP to see the tagged port on the dell. Has anyone had any experience with similar or same dell switch? I have pretty much a flat network and only need to add an extra vlan on this switch to pass the other gateway to the AP in trunk mode. SO what I have is the native vlan 1 and then I add vlan 20. For vlan 20 I've had two ports to test this with. First port I've put in access, general, and trunk mode and every combination you can think of with the second one also. I just can't get the AP to see the vlan tag. What port setting should my feed for the second gateway be? Thanks for the help.
Photo of Richie

Richie

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
set the AP's native and management VLAN to the same thing; that VLAN should be access on the switch. Any additional VLANs that the AP puts clients in should be trunked.
Photo of Richie

Richie

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok so for the feed on port 31 the port setting should be access and port 32 should be set to trunk. On the AP I have left it as vlan 1 as the native and management already. So do I change the PVID on port 31 and 32 to say 20 for vlan 20 or leave it at 1?
Photo of J. Goodnough

J. Goodnough, Champ

• 266 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I don't think the AP230 supports that sort of configuration; can you configure a hybrid port on the Dell? i.e. port 31 has 1 access and 20 trunk