Problems Aerohive 170 link 5 Ghz

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
We have a link from 2 Aerohive (5ghz) (A and B). On node A have a printer that suddenly there arrived from node B. But if we ping from Aerohive B, and suddenly everything works as it arrives. What could be happening? We have changed the printer, and even model
Photo of Victor

Victor

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Victor, 
Can you provide some additional info?  What does the rest of your infrastructure look like? Are you running multiple vlans or a flat network? What does client monitor reveal?
http://blogs.aerohive.com/blog/the-wireless-lan-training-blog/troubleshooting-wi-fi-connectivity-wit...

Photo of Victor

Victor

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, of course

I have one vlan. The location A is a link to the main office. From the home office we can not print on office printers where is the link B. But if we ping from office A, then we can already print from the main office.

thanks
Photo of Victor

Victor

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
On Monday I will use the client monitor and check it happens.

Thanks for your answers
Photo of Victor

Victor

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi

I use the tool but it provides no information about it. The problem we have is that certain mac arp table are lost. SI did a ping from any ap, we again reach these printers, but eventually turns to waste.

Photo of Victor

Victor

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
More info

This is only appear in Monitor. 

When Printer not print, this mac does not appear on the monitor. 

If we ping the printer from the ap, then reappears

Photo of thewifigeek

thewifigeek, Champ

• 86 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hi Victor,

Try changing the 'Idle Timeout' from default 180 seconds to something like 1800 or 3600s.  

Cheers,
Photo of Victor

Victor

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Where can I change that ? In Aerohive AP? In SW or Router?