Problems Enabling SNMP on AP250

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
We've been having a little trouble getting SNMP going on the AP250s with HiveManager NG and wanted to ask HiveNation for any input on this.  I'll detail the steps we've followed to enable this:

Under Configure -> Common Objects -> Management -> SNMP Servers:

Traffic Filter with SNMP enabled:

But when I run the Paessler's SNMP Tester on the local Windows server I configured, I get no response from the AP:

Any ideas on this?
Photo of Devin

Devin

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of thewifigeek

thewifigeek, Champ

• 86 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
You have to create a new port type with SNMP enabled :-p

I usually name it Uplink_Standard.

Good luck.
Photo of Khalil Fall

Khalil Fall

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello,

please how i can add port type for snmp. i try i modify but i cannot do it?

Thanks
Photo of Jason

Jason

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've made a new port type already. When I assign the port type to the eth0 & eth1 ports on my AP230s, I have no way to change the filter. Attempting to change the traffic filter on this custom port type results in the error:

The object "HmTrafficFilterVo" with owner ID "19658" and ID "35000" is not valid.

How does one change the traffic filter on the port type I'm assigning in my device template?
Photo of Devin

Devin

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks thewifigeek that fixed the problem!  Second question, do you happen to know where I can get an up-to-date MIB file for the AP250s?
Photo of Devin

Devin

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I found the attached MIBs on another site.  Works for AP250s and returns airtime per radio and SSID which is the main feature I was looking for.  If possible, I'm still looking for a way to monitor:

1. CPU utilization
2. Memory utilization
3. Connected clients per radio and SSID

Link to MIBs: https://community.whatsupgold.com/library/mib_repository/aerohive_mibs#