Problem assigning static IP to 230s

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I am having a problem assigning static IP to 230s.  The APs pick up an address from DHCP fine. This only affects the 230 model.  The APs are running firmware ver.  6.6r1.2287 .  If if push a complete config a few times the AP will most likely go offline.  I have been able to assign a static IP to only 3 of the 12 230s we recently purchased and  I had to reset the AP to get it to work.  I have confirmed that the network settings are correct.  When I push a complete config I am told that the update was successful.  Has anybody else run into this?  How did you fix it?  
Photo of Dawn Douglass

Dawn Douglass

• 67 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Roberto Casula

Roberto Casula, Champ

• 231 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
No, and we have many customers with AP230s using static IPs on various different releases. Our own office ones are on this exact build and never had a problem.

Something very odd must be going on - are you sure it's not doing a config rollback?

Do you see anything in the persistent logs (show log flash)?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
I suspect this is potentially config rollback related too. Dawn, have you gone in to the CLI via a console cable and taken a look at what's going on?
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
What does the MAC table on the connected switch look like? Does the AP MAC appear on the correct VLAN?
Photo of Dawn Douglass

Dawn Douglass

• 67 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Turns out that it was our new content filter.