Please help me config modem aerohive AP330

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
my brother give me modem aerohive AP330. i just reset modem. Now i can't setup or login to administrator modem. Please help me. i dont have experience about this. Help me Please!
Photo of John Sơn

John Sơn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Kevin Grady

Kevin Grady, Employee

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi John,

The AP330 is not a modem but rather an AP that can also be put into a router mode. In order to configure it, you will need a HiveManager and licensing. 

Information about the different types of HiveManager instances can be found here:

http://www.aerohive.com/products/overview/hive-manager.html

I am also posting a link to the deployment guide which will show you the configuration options:

http://www.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/AerohiveDeploymentGuide_330002-22.pdf
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Well, technically it modulates and demodulates which makes it academically a modem ;)
But... Kevin is absolutely right - it is not a modem in the sense of something that runs over a telephone service.

Without knowing what you are trying to achieve and what you are trying to configure, it is very hard to help you. A lot more detail is requied.

Would I be right in assuming that this is a second hand access point with no formal support from Aerohive?
(Edited)
Photo of John Sơn

John Sơn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi nick,
I need setup to using internet and wifi only. But when i plugin cable to console and connected with my laptop, i don't see anything. Ethernet not show anything. I'm use SSH to connect it. But when i setip for mtg0, WiFi disconnect. Can you help me please.
Photo of John Sơn

John Sơn

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nick, this one is second hand. Maybe not support by aerohive.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Just to close this thread...

John's setup issue has been resolved.

I helped out via Skype and TeamViewer to get things going in the end.
Photo of William Gossett

William Gossett

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nick Lowe... I need the same help. I have a AP330 2nd hand and just want to use it as an AP on a home network.