Our company wants to sell excess stock of Aerohive AP330, new!

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi there, I am struggling to re-sell out surplus stock! brand new, AP330. Any help will be much appreciated.
Photo of Giulio

Giulio

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Are you a reseller or a customer?

If you are a customer, have you read through the following thread and considered its implications?

https://community.aerohive.com/aerohive/topics/transfer-aps-from-one-account-to-another
(Edited)
Photo of Giulio

Giulio

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Nick, read the thread. We are a reseller working for a large UK telecom company, what do you suggest, the units (600 of them!) are brand new in unopened boxes.
(Edited)
Photo of Van Jones

Van Jones

• 75 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Aerohive really needs to come up with a clear cut secondary market policy.  Here is a good example:  https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/support/support-policies/secondary-market-policy.html
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
APs will only be secondary to the market if a reseller is not authorised. Where a reseller is not authorised, I assume that the current policy of no support will apply. Giulio, I can only suggest that you engage with Aerohive directly to see what they say.

I agree that a clearer upfront policy, however it stipulates, is sorely needed. As Aerohive become a more mature player in the market, these type of issues will otherwise come up with greater frequency.
(Edited)
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Everyone, thank you for your comments (especially the handy pointer to PA's secondary market policy). We have seen this question coming up more often  the last few months.  We are currently working on how best to address the request.
Photo of Giulio

Giulio

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mike, what do you suggest to do there is quite a bit of money tied up into the equipment. Thanks
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Giulio,
Are you a stocking reseller of Aerohive who merely has excess inventory you want to get rid of? If so, you simply follow your normal processes. If you are not already a partner of ours, then you may want to consider it. See http://www.aerohive.com/company/contact for contact info.
Photo of Giulio

Giulio

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Mike, we are brokers, currently working with one of our largest customers in the UK, they have bought excess stock, new, in sealed boxes. They want to sell it, we manage all of their reverse logistics and excess stock, this is all new to us as never heard of Aerohive before.

Photo of Bradley Chambers

Bradley Chambers, Champ

• 302 Posts
  • 53 Reply Likes
I'd also like to see this clearly defined. We are probably 6 months away from moving to 11ac and I'd like to be able to sell our current APs.