New AP370 not showing up in device list.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I'm not seeing our new AP show up in the device list. When I attempt to add it manually, I get the following:

====================Begin====================

Number of devices failed to add: 1

Unable to add serial number "03701310140675": There was a duplicate serial number in system.

====================End====================
Photo of Todd Smith

Todd Smith

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim Ruda

Tim Ruda, Official Rep

• 40 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
Hi Todd,

It looks like the serial number is still tied to the trial virtual HiveManager you may have used during evaluation or testing. Since an AP can only belong to a single VHM, the presence of the CAPWAP connection to the previous server will prevent it from being added to this new VHM.

There are two ways to address this...
1.) Log into your planner account and manually remove the AP
          * To keep this public conversation secure, I'll simply state that your planner VHM used your e-mail address that did Not contain the word "labs" in the e-mail domain :)
          * If you've forgotten the password for this e-mail, go to http://myhive.aerohive.com and click "Forgot Password?" to have it reset and sent to your e-mail address.
          * Once logged in, go to the Monitor tab and check the box next to the AP and click Device Inventory > Remove. Removing the AP from this VHM will issue a factory reset, so be prepared for the AP to perform a reboot. Once it is removed, you should have no problem adding it into your new production HMOL account.
2.) Give our Support desk a ring and request they help you with the above :)
          * US Toll-free (866) 365-9918

Let us know if this helps!