My new SR2148P reboot from time to time.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

the new Aerohive switch SR2148P restart itself twice to four times a month. I wonder if it is some settings that I can change myself.

It has HiveOS 6.1r3a.1508.

I have already a ticket waiting by Aerohive, no answer yet.

Photo of Fatima Douadi-Elfilali

Fatima Douadi-Elfilali

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian Ambler

Brian Ambler

• 245 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Hi Fatima,

Rebooting devices can be tricky, with APs it is generally easy to start looking at things like PoE budget and cable runs/cable integrity, but with a switch this should not apply (though I suppose fluctuating/dirty AC power is always a possibility). I do not recall any reported issues with any of our SR switches (2000 or 2100 series) spontaneously rebooting, but as determining the root cause of such an event would likely include examining trace files (if present) and configuring the device to send memory dumps to an external server, this is really something that would best be handled through your Aerohive partner providing you support. If you are not getting a response from the supporting partner, I would always recommend giving them a call to check on the status of your ticket.

Hopefully there is something else at play along the lines of power to the device, but there should be no combination of user accessible settings (at least of which I am aware) that could cause an SR switch to reboot on its own.

If you are interested, the latest software release for the SR2100 series switches is 6.1r4a, but as I mentioned, I have not seen any issues filed for spontaneously rebooting switches, so I am not sure that upgrading your HiveOS software would be of any use.

Sorry for not being able to be more helpful
Photo of Fatima Douadi-Elfilali

Fatima Douadi-Elfilali

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Thanks Brian for your prompt reply, I appreciate it.

I have sent the Get Tech Data to the Aerohive Partner in the Netherllands, no answer yet. I guess I will upgarde the switch and see if it will solve the issue.

Thank you indeed.

Cheers,

Photo of Brian Ambler

Brian Ambler

• 245 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Not a problem Fatima, happy to help! Just out of curiosity, did you ever hear back from your Aerohive partner?