MY AP230's are not showing up in HiveManager.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
We just got a batch of AP230's in and I'm trying to configure them. 

I'm new to Aerohive but my limited understanding of these is that it should connect and show up in the HiveManager after being connected to the internet. 

The license key has been added to the HiveManager already. 

When I connect the AP230 either directly to our network switch or if I bypass it entirely and go straight to the modem the devices LED lights up red, goes white for 5 minutes, then goes back to red. 

It does not show up in the HiveManager at any point. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,
Photo of Will Burley

Will Burley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim Belfield

Tim Belfield

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The switch port that you plug in the AP230 is it a trunked port with a native VLan set to the same VLan as your HiveManager? Are you using DHCP on your network?
Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

• 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Will,

Are you using Legacy HM6 or HM NG?  Where is your HiveManager?  Aerohives Cloud (HMOL), a physical appliance on your LAN or a VM on your LAN?  

If using HMOL, you can add the SN of the gear under "Unmanaged Devices".  This acts as a redirector of sorts and should pull your gear into your appliance if they are sitting in Aerohive cloud waiting to be assigned.

If you have it housed locally, and can dig up the IPs of your APs, you can SSH into the APs and issue a "capwap client server name <ip of your locally hosted HM>"

A "show capwap client" will show you the status of the connection to troubleshoot where it is trying to go.  Also a "capwap ping <IP of HM> will test to ensure that UDP port 12222 is open between your AP and wherever your HiveManager is located.