MY AP230 is not sending the service-type to radius server we are using HiveOS 6.8r1 Jakarta.-130440

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
MY AP230 is not sending the service-type to radius server we are using HiveOS 6.8r1 Jakarta.-130440
Photo of ovaisahm

ovaisahm

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of ovaisahm

ovaisahm

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My question is how to configure on AP to send the service-type parameters? i did the packet capture and the only value it shows is service-type=2 whereas i am looking to get value 1 and 8 as well.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

You cannot configure this. The Service-Type is determined by type of service authentication that you are performing.

For example, we will use a Service-Type of Framed for 802.1X and a Service-Type of Call-Check for MAC address authentication.

What are you trying to achieve here?

Nick
Photo of ovaisahm

ovaisahm

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are using an SSID with authentication using WPA2 802.1x and our radius server is clearpass where we have set the criteria to match if service-type belong to "login (1), Framed(2) and authenticate(8)". when wireless request comes from AP250 it matches the criteria whereas when it comes from AP230 it does not. Even though both of them are using same network and user profiles
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

So you are saying that the Service-Type attribute is missing in the Access-Request packets on the AP230?

If so, are you able to reproduce this on current code, HiveOS 6.5r6 or 7.1r1?

Thanks,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of ovaisahm

ovaisahm

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi I am using HiveOS 6.8r1 Jakarta on AP230
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

That version is old, which is why I asked if you could reproduce this with current code.

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of ovaisahm

ovaisahm

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi Nick thanks for your help what version should we upgrade to?
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi,

To either HiveOS 6.5r6 or 7.1r1 which are both current versions.

Thanks,

Nick
(Edited)