Multiple WAN support on BR200

• Idea
  • Updated 10 months ago
I see that the BR200 only support 1 WAN interface, in addition to the USB interface as backup. But i need several interfaces as WAN and a priority.
This is a scenario on boats. In Norway we have 3G/4G connection. Wifi connection when close to shore or on installations. and or old NMT network converted as a competition for the 3G networks. Works the same way only different frequencies and equipment in use.
Also there is satellite connection for the bigger boats.
Photo of Aage D. Hofstad

Aage D. Hofstad

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Aage D. Hofstad

Aage D. Hofstad

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
damn limited txt length. 

When close to harbor i want to use wifi, when near the coast i want to use 3g/4g. when out of coverage i want to use satelite. Only way to do this is by enableing more WAN interfaces with a priority.  Any plans for this one?
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 14 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Aage,
We currently support 2 Ethernet WAN interfaces and a USB modem, or one Ethernet WAN interface, the USB modem and WiFi-WAN on the BR200WP.

Having more WAN interfaces is an interesting idea, but it makes it really hard to keep things simple and usable.

Thanks and regards,
Daniel.

Photo of lowk3y

lowk3y

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
But you can only set static IP address on one ethernet WAN interface? Is that correct?
Photo of lowk3y

lowk3y

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of John Q

John Q

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Would like to know if i can use both wan interfaces when i have 2 internet feeds?
so 1 vlan for internet feed A en 1 vlan for internetfeed B
and failover when one of the internetfeeds fail?

Ia that possible