Monitor Upstream Router in AP230 Dashboard

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Before I make any other purchases for my network, I am trying to figure out if and how is it possible for an Aerohive AP230 to see and monitor a non Aerohive router that is upstream of it.

Like so....
Internet from ISP -> Cable Modem -> Router (for wired connections) -> AP230 (Wireless)

Is it possible for the AP230 to see that router and display usage stats for it in the dashboard, and if so, how would that happen/work?

Thanks,
Photo of Steven Simmons

Steven Simmons

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

No, that's not possible. Really, you are looking in the wrong place for that type of functionality.

You should instead look at dedicated monitoring solutions such as Nagios for that.

Regards,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Steven Simmons

Steven Simmons

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is there anything that the AP230 can see of a router that is before it? 
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Apart from establishing if the default gateway is available by pinging it, no.
Why are you expecting an AP230 to do this? :)

Regards,

Nick
(Edited)
Photo of Steven Simmons

Steven Simmons

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
From an ACWA class that I had taken, from what I got from it regarding this is that if you have a "managed" router or switch that your AP connects to, that the Hivemanager is able to see it and provide usage reports on it. But have not been able to get an answer to further that though.
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
That's not correct information, sorry. It does not happen so you won't be able to get any further with this.

You have to have routers or switches from Aerohive for any monitoring integration to take place via HiveManager.
(Edited)