Matching AP121 cli led command with led setting Management Options.

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
It would be nice to match the AP121 cli command "system led brightness {bright | off}" with the led brightness 'off' setting in management options. In this way, AH-admins can manage led settings from the WLAN policy.

Best regards, and keep up the great work!

Sjoerd de Jong, Lantech, the Netherlands.
Photo of Sjoerd de Jong

Sjoerd de Jong, Employee

• 97 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Eric  Garnel

Eric Garnel

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Or a blink LED command to help identify an AP that's mounted out of reach to see the mac addr
Photo of Sjoerd de Jong

Sjoerd de Jong, Employee

• 97 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Hi Eric,

I don't know what type of APs you have, but most of aerohives APs already support blinking leds for locating purposes from the HiveManager. Simply go to monitor, select the ap you wish to locate and start the locate ap option in the tools menu.

The workaround I now use for ap121 is simply using the above command on ssh to turn of the led. Then all you have to do is check which APs led is off.

But off course its way easier to use the topology maps function so you won't have to locate the ap at all :-)

Best regards,

Sjoerd de Jong, Lantech, the Netherlands
Photo of Eric  Garnel

Eric Garnel

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've got all sorts of APs!

Was not aware of the blinking LEDs feature.

Great minds think alike.... and so do ours!
Photo of Sjoerd de Jong

Sjoerd de Jong, Employee

• 97 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Jepp, first time it helped me out was at a 100+ aps roll-out. The floorplan of one of the floors (which contained info about which ap was mounted where) was missing, and all we needed was an iPad and good shoes :)

This functionality saved me a lot of time!