Massive amount of 5Ghz retries 35.28% on AP370 running HiveOS 6.0r2c + 802.11ac on clean primary channel 52 (DFS), dBm 14 with OPEN network.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Any ideas how do we quickly nail the offending client without trawling them all?

Read/reviewed this forum searching for "tx retries" but nothing conclusive with step by step approach? Any docs, cheat sheet on strategies/tactics apart from turn down power, change channels, spectrum analysis?

Possibly just a dodgy client, driver, firmware issue... but how to isolate very quickly (like, report.. show me the top 10 clients by rx/tx retries/drops?)... is it just DFS perhaps, though Spectrum Analysis shows totally clear....
Photo of irldexter

irldexter

• 37 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • sad

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Stefan van der Wal

Stefan van der Wal, Champ

• 70 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Hi irldexter,

Unpleasant... What I'd personally do is go into the CLI and run a 'show station counter' command. Prepare for a huge load of data. But it'll give you details on all connected clients, including but not limited to tx and rx data.

If I come up with a more brilliant solution I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Stefan
Photo of irldexter

irldexter

• 37 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thank you, will try and post back...!
Photo of Andrew MacTaggart

Andrew MacTaggart, Champ

• 483 Posts
  • 86 Reply Likes
I am told TX errors are generally AP trying to transmit but media is busy or having frames for a client that has moved on and or not responding to the AP. I don't have dot ac APs yet, but for my environment when TX errors increase, it is usually correlates to clients with airtime violations, such as AppleTVs or Ipads.

A