Manually create Administrators

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi, I and others have asked this question before, but I still have not found a solution. In some instances of HMOL there is no option to manually create Administrators. The Administrators tab is missing and we just have the Admin account manager available. Anybody have a solution to this?

Cheers
Photo of Tim Baird

Tim Baird

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
By default, the place where one can create administrators within HMOL is found at Home > Administration > Administrators > Administrators.  I assume this is where you were looking. 

However, if you are now or ever have used ID Manager or any of the other Mobility Suite cloud applications (either as a paid customer or using the free trials), then the Administrators management tool moves to MyHive instead.  So, when you first login to HMOL at https://myhive.aerohive.com, you will see Admin Account Management over on the left.
Photo of Tim Baird

Tim Baird

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time, but I know where it was and I know where it is now. I also know it has something to do with ID manger. The question I have, and sorry if it wasn't clear the first time, is how do I revert back to the original Home > Administration > Administrators > Administrators configuration? We have no use for ID manger at this time and even if we did, I still want the ability to create administrators and assign passwords to them manually. Does this mean that I have to request a brand new HMOL instance? 

Thanks
Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
Ah, sorry.  I misunderstood the question.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a way to undo the change.  But if I understand your issue now, the location of the administrator tool is not so much the issue, but rather the ability to manually assign an administrator password (rather than auto-generating a password and emailing it) is what you seek?

Is that right?
Photo of Tim Baird

Tim Baird

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, exactly Thanks