Looking for USB client adapters to work with AP370

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Does anyone have experience of a USB client adapter that works well with the AP370, or can anyone make a suggestion of a configuration change to resolve why some USB adapters appear to only connect with the 5GHz Band 1 channels?

I have tried both an EnGenius EUB1200AC (802.11ac) adapter and a Linksys AE3000 (802.11n) with our lab-based AP370.  Both adapters connect to the Access point when the Access Point is broadcasting in Band 1 of the 5 GHz spectrum (i.e. channels 36 through 48).

However when I switch the AP370 to Band 3 (channels 149 through 161) the adapters no longer detect the AP370.     

At first sight this looks like an adapter issue, because my laptops ( 802.11n devices, with Intel Centrino 6205 and 6300 ) have no difficulty connecting to the 370 no matter what band it is on.

However, when I switch out the Access point and instead use an AP330  the USB client adapters can connect whatever the channel, so this looks like an incompatibility between these USB adapters and the AP370 that only appears in Band 3.

I am pretty sure everything is running the latest drivers, the AP370 is on 6.0r2d, the AP330 on 6.1r3.1496, country code New Zealand.

Any suggestions?  

Thanks
Photo of Terence Fleming ThinkWireless

Terence Fleming ThinkWireless, Champ

• 79 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Crowdie

Crowdie, Champ

• 972 Posts
  • 272 Reply Likes
Terence, AirMagnet are pushing the Netgear A6200 802.11ac adapter and I have seen them at JB HiFi, Noel Leemings and PB Tech so you shouldn't have any difficulty obtaining one.

Just to state the obvious - have you changed the country code on the AP370 to New Zealand?  I only ask as I am sure the instructions in the training course said not to change the HiveManager CA's root certificate :-)
(Edited)