license hmol or ap key

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hello
I hope you can help me, I have doubts about licensing and keys, unfortunately I did not find clear documentation. .

For
example if I want to make a purchase for my company of 5 aps this purchase comes with the licenses of the 5 ap + the key for hmol?

or the hmol key comes by default linked to a number of aps?

If I need to buy an ap, does the hmol come free and only for the support of a team? if I need to administer more purchased aps, would I need something more for the hmol?

Thank you
Photo of Danilo Arias

Danilo Arias

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • anxious,confused

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Hans

Hans

• 68 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Helo Danilo, do you using Hivemanager NG?
Photo of Sam Lynn

Sam Lynn, Moderator

• 96 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Hello,

You would purchase an entitlement key separately from your AP. If you are using HiveManager NG Connect, you will not need an entitlement key, but all other HiveManager platforms will require an entitlement key. You will need entitlement keys for the number of devices you want to manage in your HiveManager. The HiveManager platform itself is not licensed and is free to set up and use. If you need to add more APs in the future, you will also need another entitlement key to cover the expanded number of devices in your HiveManager. The entitlement keys are not linked to a particular device in general, just the number of devices you have total. 

Hope this helps!
Photo of Danilo Arias

Danilo Arias

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for your answer, that is, every time you buy an ap this will bring a key and that key only added to the hivemanager and I can manage the team, however you could help me with something else that key is like a license to have support of the equipment and rma in case of damage depending on the time 1 year - 3 years - 5 years.

Thank you
Photo of Sam Lynn

Sam Lynn, Moderator

• 96 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
With an online HiveManager, the support is included with the entitlement key for your APs, so you would only need to purchase one key to manage your devices and purchase support for those devices for the time the key is active. 
Photo of Danilo Arias

Danilo Arias

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello thank you very much for the answer, finally for the creation of an account for the administration of x equipment is given once they are purchased, ie they are purchased and sent step by step for the creation of the account and the addition of the key or the key?