Latest stable HM Ext VM & AP230 Version

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hello to all, I have been using HM Enterprise   6.6r1 (VM) and AP230's HiveOS 6.6r1b.2338 with Win 2012R2 Radius/DHCP (2 AP's acts as proxy) for Win 10, Mac OSX & Linux clients. Most of the time all ok but sometimes Mac Book's running OSX 10.xx/Ei Captian will connect with 169.254.xx.xx IP ie the default IP if no DHCP (I have plenty free IP's on DHCP scope)   

Just wondering what's the best firmware i shroud run on HM & AP230's please  
Photo of Regi Pradeeswaran

Regi Pradeeswaran

• 12 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Regi Pradeeswaran

• 12 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Like Nick Lowe said in an earlier post shall i stick with this ? Help Please 

I would recommend upgrading HiveManager to 6.6r3 and deploy HiveOS 6.5r3 on to your APs.

HiveOS 6.5r3 is intended to be a golden, long term supported stable release
(Edited)
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Regi,

Firstly, be mindful that there are many potential causes of the symptoms that you are observing. Many have nothing to do with the AP and most do not have anything to do with bugs in HiveOS.

I would suggest using HiveOS 6.5r3 as this release contains the most fixes and is the current golden long term stable branch of HiveOS.

If your issue continues, I would suggest expending the effort to drill in to the issue to find its root cause(s).

Nick
(Edited)

Regi Pradeeswaran

• 12 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Thanks Nick but DHCP issue with AP230s running HiveOS 6.5r3 Honolulu.2530. Now I have gone back to HiveOS 6.6r1b.2338 all working fine & i'm not changing.