Issue with wan/eth0 port on BR100

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
We are experiencing an issue with the wan/eth0 port on one of our BR100's.  The issue is that it seems to be unable to negotiate speed/duplex settings correctly, therefore causing a connectivity issue.  Have tried hard coding the speed/duplex to desired 100 full on the BR100 and it does not come up.  However if connect to the other eth1-4 ports it negotiates without an issue and also if hard coded it works fine.  Have currently got it working full duplex 10Mb, but this is not ideal and it drops out every now again.  This leads to me that there is a fault with wan/eth0 port.  Since the port is backhaul, connect to WAN, I am unable to use the other ports.
Have also tried different network cables, different switch ports on the cisco switch.
This is the only BR100 we are having an issue with and we have 6 of them with same setup.
Photo of Chris Foster

Chris Foster

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Hi Chris,

So you are saying that if you swap the BR100 with another on the same switch port, does it reproduce on one BR100 but not the other?

If so, this would suggest a hardware issue so you would be best to pursue an RMA.

Thanks,

Nick
Photo of Chris Foster

Chris Foster

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't have a spare BR100 to test with.  What I am trying to say that I changed which ports it is using on the switch, which made no difference, this rules out issue with switch.  I tested by plugging into other LAN ports on the BR100 and it is fine it gave me 100 full duplex straight up.  How do I log a call to do a potential RMA as I can't see an option to log a case on the support site under the login that I am using?  Or do I need to go via our reseller?