Is it possible to mesh a BR200-WP with an AP330?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a BR200-WP and an AP330 in my lab, the AP330 is configured for routing as I want to use a USB 4G/LTE modem, and now I am trying to mesh the BR200 to the AP but I am struggling - I thought this was supposed to "just work" but I can't get the BR to establish a mesh link with the AP. Does anyone have any tips?

Thanks,

Paul

Photo of Call Eva

Call Eva

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
We do not enable mesh by default on our wireless devices, so you would need to turn on mesh on both devices.

Some tips:
1) Enable the same mesh mode (either mesh and access or mesh/backhaul only_ on each device.  
2) The BR200WP uses 2.4 GHz by default for its one radio.  Change the radio profile to one of the 5 GHz profiles (radio_na0, etc).
3) Make sure the devices are in the same Hive.  As long as you are using the same HiveManager account, this will happen by default (unless you specifically change things).

Photo of Call Eva

Call Eva

• 18 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ok, I will try that, I was a little disappointed that the BR200WP only has one radio, especially considering the cost of the unit, I was hoping to offer 2.4GHz access to clients that can't reach the AP330, but by configuring the BR's radio to 5GHz for the mesh I guess I am not going to be able to do that?

The reason I went for the BR rather than another AP is that I have some wired clients I want to use too.
Photo of Andrew Garcia

Andrew Garcia, Official Rep

• 368 Posts
  • 120 Reply Likes
The BR200WP is capable of meshing on the 2.4 GHz radio, although I would not recommend that course of action.  If you do decide to go that route, you would need to modify the AP330 config specifically to mesh on 2.4 GHz as well, as when you turn it on it would by default mesh on 5 GHz.