Is the BR200 supported on HiveManager NG (cloud)?

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
I have 6 sites, each with BR200, SR2124P and a bunch of APs. I've moved everything over to NG except the BR200s, which always fail the import, even if I hand-type the serial number.

Can someone please confirm if the BR200 is/is not supposed to work with NG, and if not, if it is planned and a possible update schedule.

Thanks!
Photo of Jay Anderson

Jay Anderson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of j

j

• 24 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Nope: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/learning-whats-new.htm.
HiveManager NG does not currently support routers or VPN Gateway devices.
Photo of Carsten Buchenau

Carsten Buchenau, Champ

• 356 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes
Note that even BR100 in AP mode is not supported.

Branch Router Support will come, one day, but Aerohive is not in a hurry as HM-Classic (HM6) is still a valid platform, fully supporting BR applications. Their current focus is more on NG stability and new feature support. Which means that Aerohive does not commit to any release date for BR support inside HM-NG.
Photo of Jay Anderson

Jay Anderson

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
And now ... I want fanless switches in my network but the xx08 is only supported on NG ... any progress towards the BR200 on NG?
Photo of Eric Whitney

Eric Whitney

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Nearly a year later since initial post here. Any way we can learn the status of router support for HiveManager NG? I've got a bunch of BR200's that I'd like to move over, I'm sure I'm not the only Aerohive customer eager for them to get supported.
Photo of David Hitt

David Hitt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The word we heard is the NG roadmap adds BR support this December or thereabouts...
Photo of David Hitt

David Hitt

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Just an idea... Because you've made the NG leap, you could conceivably run two Hivemanagers - one on NG, and one Classic.  Have your classic manage your CVG and BRs (turn wifi off on the BRs), and have NG manage your Switches and APs.  You really just need the BRs as a L3 gateway and IPSec/GRE tunneling.

If you're running HMOL, it's probably not a big ordeal to do this, but if you run HM on-prem, then you'd have to fork out ~$2,500 for another HM license...  If that's not an option then hopefully you have your old HM to go back to until Q4 this year.

We would love to start migrating our 3000+ AP network, but we GRE tunnel from each AP for public safety and our visitor network using AP340s as endpoints and ID Manager for authentication, so we can't move a muscle until NG supports BRs/CVG/VPN...