iPads loosing WPA-PSK Key

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
We have a school with 1200 iPads spread across 120 access points. The users are complaining that periodically, the iPads require the user to enter the PSK again, even though it was stored, and has been working previously. 

Anyone else have this same issue?
Photo of Scott Sassin

Scott Sassin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
What Hive OS are you running? 
Photo of Scott Sassin

Scott Sassin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm running 6.1r6a.
Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Are you using 1 single PPSK for each iPAD?  Or Multiple PPSK's across the network?  Also please check the Reauthorization time 0 is no re-auth.   Default is 1800 I believe 
Photo of Scott Sassin

Scott Sassin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We are using one PSK through out the SSID. Where is the Reauthorization setting set?
Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
Photo of Scott Sassin

Scott Sassin

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is the SSID I have the issue with, and I'm not sure which Group it uses.
What group, if any is this SSID attached to?
Photo of Travis Kaufman

Travis Kaufman, Champ

• 113 Posts
  • 30 Reply Likes
My apologies - I took it as it as a PPSK - disregard my previous---- I have seen users be forced to re-auth before. But this was due to DHCP Leases expiring -  What is current Lease time of the DHCP Lease?   One good test we can do is setup a Client Monitor - Find an iPad - enter its MAC in Hive Manager under Tools > Client Monitor > Enter the Mac >  Check Box Filter Probe, then Click Start

Now on that device, de auth from the SSID.   Then Re-Auth.  Watch the process and once it gains an IP Address.  Monitor it until it has the same symptoms you stated earlier.  That log will help show us whats going on.

Hopefully this was helpful