Import users via csv for Aerohive NG

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
I am having trouble with importing users from a csv file. One issue with the phone number format and another with the Group name.

After scanning the forums and the help file and experimenting for 30 mins I have worked out that you get 
when trying to import to a group that exist has the option to store the passwords on the device.
Anyone know why that is? What are are advantages / disadvantages of Service vs Device storage of passwords? Are the passwords available with Service (Cloud) option if the internet access is down for example?

Secondly, what is the format of the phone number field? Even the example import csv field with the headers and example user doesn't import because of this! I have used Excel and a text editor, putting country code first, putting 00 or + first or just numbers with no result.

Photo of Malcolm Snelgrove

Malcolm Snelgrove

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of Chris B

Chris B, Official Rep

• 93 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Hi Malcolm

Do you see this issue when trying to import users from a service group, as currently we only support this and not importing from device group. 

You are right, the service users credentials will be stored in the cloud and device credentials are stored locally on the devices using it, so authentication using service credentials will require connectivity to HMNG for this to work.

The format of the phone number should work as per the example as long as you are importing a service group.

Photo of Joep van den Heuvel

Joep van den Heuvel

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
It is indeed bad documentated (read not documentated) that the import function only works on a Cloud group, and not a local device group. Thanks for your post, because even our distributor didn't know.