I want to connect an AP121 to a CAT5 wall jack that is then connected to a POE switch. Can I do that or do i need to use AC adaptor?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Chris Auger

Chris Auger

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Sjoerd de Jong

Sjoerd de Jong, Employee

  • 97 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
yes sure you can do that! In some (temporary) situations, we do this as well. So you will have:

PoE switch ---> patch panel ---> Network cable through building ---> wall outlet ---> network cable ---> AP