I am trying to reconnect a mesh setup with an ap1130

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • (Edited)
I did some network changes this summer and after i did so I lost my connection to a mesh AP1130 that provides  an internet connection to a building in away from the main building. Is there a way to download a config file and push through a console port or do I need to pull it down and connect it to a switch in the main building, if so do i need to take the injector with it?
Photo of Andrew

Andrew

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Eastman Rivai

Eastman Rivai, Official Rep

• 146 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
You can obtain the running configuration of the portal AP from the tech-data.  The portal AP's configuration should be the same as the mesh AP's except for the ethernet configuration and IP address if it is static. Once you have obtained the configuration, modify the ethernet mode and IP address and paste it to the mesh AP through the CLI console.
Photo of Brian Powers

Brian Powers, Champ

• 396 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
An alternative, and possibly easier option vs. digging through the tech-data file would be to just run  "show run pass" on the AP you have access to.  That should give you the configuration information to use on the far end of the link.  

AFAIK the mesh APs need 2-3 things to match to link up.  
Same hive object is mandatory
Same channel is mandatory
Same subnet seems to provide more stability for our links.
I was told years ago that the HiveOS should match, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

If you can get those 3-4 things similar on both ends of the link, it should establish.

Few commands that can help see the status/state of the link.
A "show hive" command will show you the hive object in use the respective device.

Then a "show hive <hive name> neighbor" will show you the state of the link between the two devices.

"Show acsp neighbor" will show you all RF neighbors the AP hears if background scanning is enabled, otherwise it would only show you the RF neighbors of the APs on the same channel as the respective AP.  You can use this to see if the AP is broadcasting at all and if it shows as a backhaul link or not.

Do you know what you changed to break the link?  It might be a simpler fix that can be done from the root side of the link.