How do I mount AP230 to solid ceiling?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  In pkg are screws, inserts, miscellaneous black hardware, but no docs showing  how.
Photo of Steve Hoyle

Steve Hoyle

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brian Ambler

Brian Ambler

• 245 Posts
  • 126 Reply Likes
Hi Steve,

You should have received an Aerohive Devices QuickStart guide in the box with your AP230; if you look in the top right corner of this document (which can also be found online here), you should see an invitation to navigate to for more information about your device.

If you navigate to this link in your browser, you are presented with a number of different devices, so you would want to click on the AP230

This will take you to Aerohive Help system entry for the AP230 (direct link can be found here) where one of the entries is "Mounting the AP230", which covers mounting the AP in a various of positions/surfaces.

Hope this helps

Photo of Anjanesh Babu

Anjanesh Babu

• 68 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Hey Brian,
No it doesn't work that way. 

- New generation of APs have the worst possible mounting options.
- Last generation AP330s,AP141s had well designed mounts that were standardised and easy to mount/unmount.
- current generation of APs seem to have been designed with the vision of everyone having false ceilings and rails.
- AP370s don't have a mount and can only be twisted onto railings apparently
- AP230s come with a mount that have no real option to mount on flat walls or ceilings .

And how bad can it be when the design on the official document is different from the actual product supplied ?

hint : There are no brackets .
Photo of Anjanesh Babu

Anjanesh Babu

• 68 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Can Aerohive confirm that AP370 have no brackets ?

Because this screenshot seems to suggest that no design consideration has been paid at all to those of us who may want to mount AP370s on a flat ceiling . Offices are one things - not all of us have the luxury of being able to install false ceilings and rails everywhere - especially in buildings of historical value.

Original source of this image is
Photo of Shail Talati

Shail Talati

• 17 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
AP370 does not need Wall mount bracket as keyholes are in the back of the AP. 

For AP230, let me know if we can have an offline call. 

I understand the frustration. 

The original bracket design was less than perfect. What we recommend is customers get a replacement for this.

Q) How do I identify the old bracket from the new bracket?

A) The new bracket has keyholes which the old bracket doesn’t have. Rest of the design is the same. See images of the new mounting bracket here:

How can I get my new bracket? 

Provide RMA info. through partner/Aerohive sales rep. 
Here is a part number for the new Wall mount bracket:

Here is an instruction for the new bracket:

Photo of Anjanesh Babu

Anjanesh Babu

• 68 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
hi Shail
thanks for your clarification on AP230 part codes.
We have been similarly advised by our local Aerohive partner who are now on the case.
Re:AP370 - your answer still leaves us in the dark with regard to ceiling mounting an AP370 - can you point out how this can be achieved for flat ceilings or those of us without rails please?

Photo of Paul

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Aha, that explains it, I have the old style brackets with no keyholes, I'll try and raise an RMA.