It's pretty straight forward. You load the ova in VMware and then just follow the setup questions after it powers up. It's been a while since I last did it, but from what I remember there is nothing special or tricky involved.
Have you tried yet? Have you looked at the "Aerohive Branch on Demand Evalutation Guide"?
Aerohive CVG is a virtual machine for HiveOS that runs on a VMware ESXi hypervisor. It terminates VPNtunnels from Aerohive routers at teleworker home or branch sites, allowing hosts at one site to communicate securely with hosts at the corporate site and at other remote sites. In addition, the CVG supports dynamic routing so that routes are automatically propagated between branch routers and the corporate site.
HiveOS provides the ability to build route-based IPsec tunnels between Aerohive routers and the CVG.
To download the Cloud VPN gateway, you will need to log into your HiveManager and then you will be able to download a VPN Gateway as an .ova file from: Monitor/All Devices/Update/Download VA image for VPN Gateways --- located at the bottom of the menu.
1. Select Monitor, and All Devices menu
2. Select Update menu, Select ‘Download VA Image for VPN Gateways’
3. You are now ready to install the .ova to a VMware appliance.
4. Please follow rest of the instructions in this guide, and Aerohive Deployment Guide, Chapter
3 for further configuration assistance.
Configure Aerohive Cloud VPN Gateway (CVG)
Once a VMware appliance boots with CVG, please follow the following steps to configure.
1. Login username password of admin/aerohive
2. Select 1 for ‘Network Settings’ option, and then select 1 for DHCP option if DHCP is available,
otherwise select 2. Finally apply changes.
3. Select Enter continue configuration. Enter ‘no’ if the DHCP options worked, otherwise you can
go back to reconfigure Network Settings. Select no for HTTP proxy if appropriate for you. Finally
enter the Activation Code that was sent to you by Aerohive Sales Support Team.
4. Note the Serial Number that is being used by this CVG. Once the CVG is activated, ‘show hwinfo’ command can be used to generate system hardware information. Finally reboot the CVG
system. The login information hasn’t changed at this point. CVG needs to contact the staging server before it can be managed by HiveManager Online. Please follow the instructions on adding Access Point registration to register the CVG to the Aerohive Redirector. You
will need the Serial Number.