HMOL is 6.1r2 but unable to upgrade the AP330's

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
The site was running with no errors with the 6.1r1 version but on upgrading the HMOL the devices keep failing if I attempt an update or a config change.
An error occurred when executing the following CLI command: save config scp://*****@(path to hmol new.config)
The AP's (12x AP330's) are all showing on-line in the controller. Have checked with the filtering/internet provider who have said no ports etc are blocked.
If I try to use SSH and " _clear config faild" on an AP
I get Failed to clear failed configuration...
Am I going to have to go onsite and hard reset them all (8m high with no ladder...great!!)
Photo of Mike Palmer

Mike Palmer

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike Palmer

Mike Palmer

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
In case anyone else had this problem then give up as no-one can help...tell your customers to buy Ruckus instead
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Did you try contacting support through the proper channels?
Photo of Tom Jansen

Tom Jansen

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is this problem solved? We have the same problem at a customer
Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
I do not think that there was ever a general problem that needed resolving here.

It is likely that there is an issue with connectivity that is causing this with your customer, usually port, IP or traffic signature filtering.

To troubleshoot this, in the first instance, verify connectivity from the APs to HMOL.

The same is likely to have been true of the issue that Mike was experiencing. His support provider could likely have assisted him with tracking down and resolving the connectivity issue in his environment.

Remember that the IP address on which HMOL is hosted typically changes when an upgrade takes place to a newer release.
(Edited)