HM NG VA login and password incorrect

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Hi,

I am installing HM NG VA in a VMWare workstation, the file has got installed properly but when i am trying to log in, username - admin and password - aerohive is not accepted by the system.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Hemang
Photo of Hemang

Hemang

• 39 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Have you tried the reset password link?
Photo of Hemang

Hemang

• 39 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I guess there is a confusion here, I am facing issue with the login of HM NG VA in its console and not in the web browser. 
Please refer the image attached for where i am facing an error or login incorrect.
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
If you want console access, you’ll need to contact support. NG is intended for GUI access.
Photo of Tobias Protz

Tobias Protz

• 61 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
You could try to enable SSH access and see if that helps.

I need some kind of local access too, since I updated the HMNG the included webbrowser fails to open the page with its hostname, instead redirects to its IP address in the browser address bar. Typical behaviour of a badly configured Apache or similar, but this leads to the SSL certificate not being valid, since it is issued for the local domain, not for the IP address.

This seems to be a bug in 11.26.3.5 - though I doubt there will be a quick fix release for this, therefore I'd like to access the console to fix this. 

The guest administrators all are refusing to work on a site their browser tells them is unsafe *sigh* I have stuff to do instead of creating guest accounts ^^