HiveOS Update BR100 Prompt but No Update Available

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Hi All,

This is my first post and I am new to Aerohive. Quite familar with networking concepts and manage Cisco devices on a daily basis. I currently have an eval of HMOL 6.5r1 and a few devices one of them being the BR100. With a view to setting up a VPN to a CVG appliance.

I have only started using yesterday and I have found my way around most things. One issue I cannot work out is the HiveOS update on the BR100.

Currently the BR100 is running 6.1r6c.1794. HMOL keeps displaying a yellow warning at the top of the page which states some devices are running newer software versions. When I expand it shows the latest version for the BR100 is 6.2r1.

However if I selet the device and go to update and activate HiveOS the only version I have available to load is 6.1r6.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Jason
Photo of Jason

Jason

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
That shouldn't be happening.

In the interests of expediency, if you want to update manually via the CLI or Web interface to the BR, here's a link to HiveOS 6.2r1b for the BR100:

https://mega.nz/#!z4V3VZ5b!oY6zB_9c2ypvnIY7SMMr4LPvg76ZjZQ9-s7mL2CGjQ0

Let me know when you have it and I'll kill the link.

As you're evaluating, I'd definitely recommend that you go for the BR200 series and not the BR100.
(Edited)
Photo of Jason

Jason

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thanks Nick. I have the files so you can kill it. Can I load this to HMOL or do I need to load to the BR100 manually.

I have a BR200-WP too so I will try both. What is the reason you say this. These particular branches will be one or two person offices.

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
The BR100 won't be getting firmware releases past 6.2r1 and the hardware is far more limited.

You would need to load the firmware manually directly to the BR.
(Edited)