HiveOS 6.5r3 Honolulu.2530

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
Hi im running this latest release HiveOS 6.5r3 Honolulu.2530 (Golden release?) for my AP230s, but it looks like the turning off the LED function in this update is missing. The AP LED is always on, that is not something i want due to warranty perspective. 
Photo of Volkan Bagci

Volkan Bagci

• 55 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
The white LED should only be always on by default for the first 24-hours after boot.
Are you observing it staying on after that 24-hour period has elapsed?
(Edited)
Photo of Volkan Bagci

Volkan Bagci

• 55 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Ahh i did not know about the 24 hours, i installed a new site today and observed that the LED was on after HiveOS upgrade ... I will ask the peop double check the LEd tomorrow. Thanks for quick reply. 
Photo of Nathaniel Moore

Nathaniel Moore, Employee

• 56 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Hi Volkan,

As Nick states, the LED will remain on for 24 hours before reverting to 'normal' behaviour' by switching the LED on every minute for 4 seconds. The LED stays on for the first 24 hours after initial setup due to site survey/installation requirements.

There were 2 versions of the LED fix; v1 introduced the 60 second interval, v2 improved upon v1 by having a 24 startup period. 6.5r3 includes v2.

If you wish to customise the LED behaviour you can use the Supplemental CLI and run the following:

system led power-saving-mode [ delay <number> ] [ on <number> off <number> ]

Default settings:

show system led power-saving-mode 

system led power saving mode :on

delay to blink :24h(setting) / 24h(remaining)

on interval :4s

off interval :64s

Hope this helps.