HiveOS 6.5r2 for AP370/390 Now Released!

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)

We are pleased and proud to announce that Aerohive has released HiveOS 6.5r2 for the AP370 and AP390, along with a companion HiveManager 6.5r2. HiveManager-NG does not support HiveOS 6.5r2, the ability to manage AP370 and/or AP390 from HiveManager-NG will come with a future maintenance release of HiveOS in the 6.5 release branch.

As implied by the version number, this release brings the AP370/390 up to near-feature-parity with the rest of Aerohive’s current product line, which is currently at HiveOS 6.6r1.

Notable new features for the AP370/390 in this release are WIPS and Spectrum Analysis. The full list of changes and bug fixes can be found in the release notes, at http://www.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/6.5r2_HiveOS_HM_ReleaseNotes.pdf

Aerohive will not be “flying the bee” for this release. THIS message is our only announcement directly to end customers informing them of the availability of this version of HiveOS and HiveManager. 

How do you get this? All the usual ways. HMOL customers can contact Aerohive Technical Support to request their VHM be moved to HiveManager 6.5r2, then at their own leisure they can upgrade some or all of their AP370/390s to HiveOS 6.5r2. On-premises customers can acquire new HiveManager software from our Support Portal, and then use it to retrieve the HiveOS images.

Mike Kouri

Product Manager, Aerohive

Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Nick Lowe

Nick Lowe, Official Rep

• 2491 Posts
  • 451 Reply Likes
Awesome news, Mike! :)
Photo of Kevin Gee

Kevin Gee

• 54 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Yee-ha!  Thanks MIke.
Photo of dreamer

dreamer

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Good news indeed!

I have to ask though, do the release notes cover all the changes from version 6.0r2f, which if I'm not mistaken, was the latest version available for the AP370/390's?
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
The specific link above? No. You can download the latest of the 6.1, 6.2, and 6.4 release notes to see the full lists of changes and bug-fixes between 6.0 and this release.
Photo of dreamer

dreamer

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
OK, clear. Thank you for the fast response.
Photo of brenden

brenden

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can I ask the reason why its not a "bee" downloadable option
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
Brendan,
Aerohive tries to reserve "flying the bee" for releases which we recommend to all or virtually all customers. HiveOS 6.5r2 is really only applicable to customers with AP370 or AP390. We've got a follow-on release in the works that will meet the "fly the bee" criteria which will also include and support the AP370/390 so we (I) chose to only use this venue to announce 6.5r2 for those customers who have been very patiently waiting and urgently needed it, and when that next release is done we will fly that bee.
Photo of Michael Stellmann

Michael Stellmann

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have noticed that downloading the 6.5 HiveOS Image from support.aerohive.com is not possible any more. The last available version for AP370/390 is 6.0r2f again.
Has HiveOS 6.5r2 been revoked? Is a new version coming out soon?
Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes

They probably pulled it and will be releasing a new version soon.  I noticed that 6.6r1a was missing when I went to upgrades some APs this morning.  And when I went and looked at support, I saw that 6.6r1b had been released.  Then I read the announcement about a software update for Logjam.

https://support.aerohive.com/secur/announcement_list

Minimum and recommended versions are listed for everything except the 370/390.  So I would have to think they will put out a new update very soon.

Photo of Bill W.

Bill W.

• 222 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Also, noticed that 6.2r1b for AP170s has been pulled.  6.2r1 is still available in the previous versions, but 6.1r6f is now the recommended version.
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
I've got people looking into the missing files. We do have another HiveOS release for the AP370/390 in the works (version 6.5r3) but that is still under development and won't be released for several more weeks.
Photo of Michael Stellmann

Michael Stellmann

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The 6.5r2 Images for 370/390 are online again
https://support.aerohive.com/secur/download_page?id=836
Thank you Mike.
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Any updates regarding logjam for AP20s? Yes, we still have a few out there.

Best,
BJ
Photo of Mike Kouri

Mike Kouri, Official Rep

• 1030 Posts
  • 271 Reply Likes
BJ,
Really? How many do you have? 

I had not planned any further updates for AP20, because I thought they had all been retired or replaced by now. My records show the last HiveOS version released for those was 3.4r4, long before I started at Aerohive.

Honestly, I am loathe to go back to that ancient version of code and try to retrofit the Logjam changes. Any chance that we can convince you to purchase newer products, maybe the 802.11ac AP130? 
Photo of BJ

BJ, Champ

• 374 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I've been working on it. They're in our warehouses serving 802.11b/g clients, so I've been pitching 390s & 1130s for environmental reasons. If I'm the only one asking, don't worry about it.

Best,
BJ