HiveManager on-prem. 6.5r1 (VA) + problem Enabling HA

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Have anyone of You had a similar problem? My hivemanager ver. 6.5r1 Virtual Appliance, while enabling HA under:
Home > Administration > HiveManager Settings > Current Network Settings > Enable HA > all required spaces are fulfilled > 'Save' > (loading sign) Operation in progress > @this point few different things are happening:
1st scenario: it takes some time like it was syncing databases but at performance tab in vCenter I can see only a 2-3 min peak at the node considered as the second one/ the standby. Then it's just low resource standby... At the end it's getting me nowhere getting and the process simply stops after about 20-30 min.
Trying to restart the process by hitting 'Save' button once more I'm getting:
"Enable HA failed.Update object 8 failed, stale object state."

Additionally when after this trying to get to the second virtual controller the browser hits me with:
"Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request

due to maintenance downtime or services being restarted.

Please try again later.

If you have any other problems, please contact Aerohive Networks, Inc."

It stays this way until restarting the instance of HM.

Can You help? Advice?

Photo of Luke J

Luke J

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Eastman Rivai

Eastman Rivai, Official Rep

  • 146 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes

Have you ensured both HMs have the same specs (RAM, hard disk, CPU)? Also ensure that the systems meet the minimum requirement. You may find this information on our website. 

Photo of Luke J

Luke J

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank You for Your comment.
It came out that primary node was 6.1r6 version (created from .ova file) and was updated to 6.5r1. The second node was deployed from .ova file 6.5r1 from the beginning.
The case Was that these won't match... @1st there was a difference in CPUs @VMWare (each .ova file had predefined different settings). But even after matching the VMs config... the HA was not able to be set properly....
In the end I decided to deploy 2 new 64bit VMs from .ova files. The VM config/params were a match 'out of the box' > I made a backup of DB > restored it @new VM64bit > Called Aerohive support reapplied licenses on new VMs and then made a try setting HA pair.
The first try = success.