Help me with my Amber AP-121

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Yesterday I noticed I couldn't connect to the wireless network that the AP-121 offered. Then I found the light became amber. I tried replug the net cable, replug the power, reset and hard reset, none helped.

I connected to its console power cycle and got the following:

checking for the az feature of 8035...
Disabling 802.3az feature...
Restart auto-negotiation

current reprogram_nand is 4e4f5250

chip #0: First 0xa last 0xa sector size 0x10000
Hit the space bar to stop the autoboot process:  0

Loading kernel from device 0: ath-nand (offset 0x800000) ... done
Loading rootfs from device 0: ath-nand (offset 0x1200000) ... Skipping bad block[0x27a0000]
done
Mounting local file systems...
Aerohive Wireless Extension 1.0.0 ... INIT!
Aerohive Forwarding Engine module ... INIT!
Image L7 repository version 3, checking existing L7 repository... ...
Existing L7 repository version 3
Nothing to be done with L7 repository version 3
checking for the az feature of 8035...
Disabling 802.3az feature...
Restart auto-negotiation

Welcome to Aerohive Product

AH-575980 login:

I don't know if there is anything wrong here?

Photo of Olive

Olive

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Olive

Olive

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

There is a new SSID appeared when it is amber. Before I hard reset, it's 'MARS_ac', in whcih MARS is the name I gave to this AP. After I hard reset, my configured SSIDs were gone as expected, along with that strage MARS_ac, but there appeared a new SSID AH-575980_ac, in which AH-575980 is the default name of my AP.

Photo of Olive

Olive

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I just noticed, if I power cycle, there are chances that the light turns white, during which the AP acts normally. It even restored my configuration (name, SSIDs etc). But this white status only stays for a few minutes after power cycle. When it turns amber again, it will never turns back to white, until I power cycle again. What is the problem? Hardware failure?
Photo of Gary Smith

Gary Smith, Official Rep

• 299 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Hi Olive,

This does not sound like a hardware issue to me. The fact that the AP is responsive on the console suggests that this is probably a configuration issue. The CLI prompt which you pasted looks to show the AP in it's default state. Can you check the status of the AP when it has rebooted. Please check "show capwap client" for it's connectivity to the HiveManager. 

Kind Regards,
Gary Smith
Photo of Olive

Olive

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I powered cycle a few times and it magically resumed connectivity. It even restored all my configuration before hard reset. I don't know why. Anyway thanks for the help!