I have had extremely slow and non-responsive internet connectivity over the last month. I am using Enterprise 6.6r3a in my hive manager and HiveOS 6.6r2a Irvine.2309 on my AP230s.
- Not specific to macs or pcs
- Connectivity is never lost between the AP and the client, the connection is just slow
- There is no roaming of clients between APs, clients remain connected to the closest AP to them.
- Wireless printer has been printing exceptionally slow
- The office having issues is a large open room about 150 feet long and 50 feet wide
- I had 5 Aps spaced about every 30 feet
- APs are set to static channels each different from the next
- We are in an financial district so there are hundreds if not thousands of other offices and wifi networks around us. Though none of them have higher then a RSSI of ~70db
- Our office does have cement floors and conrete ceilings
- I notice radio interference between then on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz so i decreased power to Wifi0 Power 1 dBm and Wifi1 Power 2 dBm
- i still noticed radio interference between the APs so i turned off 2 of the 5 APs
- I also changed the radio profiles on that floor to a cloned version of radio_na0 and radio_ng0
- The radio interference is pretty much gone between the APs but I am still getting complaints
- We recently adopted the google drive app for some of the users as an alternative to dropbox, there isn't significant uploading or downloading but around 10-12GBs per 24 hours. Teams are using the drive app to share and sync files locally
- We also have bonjour enabled for printing
- It can't be software installed on the clients computers because the problems range from Macs to PCs.